

*Kiyomi’s POV*
Looking around as we walked my hood to the cloak they gave me was up but it wasn’t helping with all the sand blowing in my face and into my eyes. I even had a hand in front of my face as I walked trying to block it out but it wasn’t working and my eye sight was starting to blur. Then also with the way the sand was moving it was making it very hard to keep walking without knowing where I was going. The guys had goggles to block out the sand but they didn’t have a spar saying they would get me one after we passed through the desert.
Feeling powerful spiritual pressure from a couple of hollows which alerted the others. But unlike them I couldn’t see at all. Shaking my head my eyes closed because they hurt too much to open. I could actually feel liquid running down my face and I know for a face it wasn’t tears to clean my eyes. It was too thick. Blood was coming from my eyes from all the sand hitting me in the eyes. Whipping it away as the hollows screeched. ‘I’m a sitting duck. Nothing but dead weight right now. I can’t see and I can’t sense anything from all the sands movement…Maybe I can smell it’ I thought and started sniffing the air but had to keep my hand over my nose so sand wouldn’t go up and cause an affection.
Jumping into the air just in time to avoid an attack from bellow. Focusing spiritual pressure to my foot. “Guys. Jump now” I told them and though they were confused slightly they did just in time to avoid getting killed by a sand hollow. My foot connected with the ground sand flew up into the air but I knew I didn’t get it. I could tell I didn’t get it. The sand was moving in an unnatural way. ‘Wait a minute. I can find this sand hollow while they can’t hum. I guess I do have some usefulness in this fight after all’ I thought turning my head slowly sniffing every second trying to pick up where it will attack next as the others landed on a rock like platform 30ft away. This hollow though wasn’t going after them but the other two were. The land hollows.
*Amagai’s POV*
Looking at Kiyomi. Her eyes were closed as a hand covered her nose. ‘How is she even fighting like that? She can’t see or smell anything right now’ I thought. Noticing though that there was trace of blood on her cheeks from her eyes. Getting attacked by the other two hollows came at us. Being distracted by them until something else appeared. Something of pure power. It was heading over towards Kiyomi. Going to take off after my men nodded to me. Flying towards Kiyomi as she pulled out her Zanpakuto blocking the…well whatever it was it wasn’t human. A hollow mask on the side of its face. That sand hollow though hit me away as the area was swarmed by hollows but they all stopped moving. And only moved to hit us back whenever we would try and get to Kiyomi. The sand stopped moving and dropped to the ground.
“Open your eyes” the thing told Kiyomi. She did so. Slowly though. Her eyes widened. “Ah. So it is you. That little Kursaki bitch from Katakura town” it said smirking at Kiyomi as her eyes narrowed but she winced in pain as she did so. Suddenly she jumped into the air avoiding a sand attack but was hit back towards the sand by whatever the ting was but I saw that Kiyomi had a purpose for this. It gave her enough time to put eye drops in her eyes.
“Huh. So there really are more of you” Kiyomi said flipping so she landed on her feet but soon had jumped into the air avoiding the attack of the person like thing. “Are you a simple arrancar or are you espada?” Kiyomi asked as her blade cut straight through the sand hollow but didn’t do anything. It appeared that she was observing and collecting data in her mind.
“Why would Lord send out a simple arrancar when before you died in the human world you managed to kill the first espada. He would not be so stupid as to send an arrancar. You are a liability to his plans. That is why you must be killed…Again” it said.
“We’ll see about that espada number 2” Kiyomi said watching it as her eyes followed the movements in the sand. “That’s also why you are using this particular hollow. My spiritual body attacks have no effect. Correct” Kiyomi said flipping upside down as she jumped avoiding another attack.
“So you figured that out just by observing and attacking. Is that why you even drew your sword?” he asked. “Observing things in the mist of battle. You are rather interesting” it said drawing its sword as it raised its spiritual pressure.
“I may be from a fighting squad but I also know how to observing things closely as well. That’s one thing I got from Kisuke-san” she said and was suddenly gone. Spiritual pressure in the air rising to an almost unbearable level as the men fell to their knees except Kibune. Looking above. “Lieu de votre sommeil. La mort de la foudre Scyth (Rise from your slumber Death scythe of lightning)” She spoke calmly. A bone chilling look in her eyes as she fell straight down to them. Her sword transforming into this 1st pic:
Her original zanpakuto 2nd pic:
“W-Wow” Ko said watching as Kiyomi swung it with one arm like the weight was nothing to her. The blade started to spark. Though it appeared she was aiming for the…espada but I was wrong because when he moved out of the way she smirked as her blade connected with the ground. Lightning flew into the air as the ground started to turn into glass. Soon the hollow roared and started to disappear but Kiyomi left the ground as glass and even spread it out wider just in case as the espada landed behind her on the glass going to hit her but her foot made contact with its face sending it flying.
“Now I understand why you are so dangerous. You focus reitsu to your fists then punch with all your might. Also you’re zanpakuto is a lightning style zanpakuto. A dangerous combo. Then also your attack pattern is rather hard to annualize but you fake out your opponent and then stick in a different way. Then also your focus on your reitsu is amazing. You can focus it to your hands and feet. You can probably turn your whole body into a weapon. Thanks for the info” it said then a black portal opened behind it as he flew through the air. Kiyomi was chasing it but slide to a stop when that thing appeared and closed with the espada gone. The hollows started to attack again. But Kiyomi did one swipe of her scythe and they were all gone.
“Sorry about stilling all the fun. But I was already in released form so didn’t want to waste the energy that it actually takes to release it” she said. Her Zanpakuto went back to normal as she put her zanpakuto away.
“Kiyomi. What did you mean by you being killed by the 1st and what are espada’s and arrancars and why the hell are they after you?” Osume asked.
“To tell that truth I don’t really know what an espada or an arrancar is but they are different from regular hollows. They think for themselves as you could see. When I was 19 in the human world I was walking with my mother and my…I believe 3 month old little brother that mom was carrying. I told them to go a different way because I felt a high spiritual pressure and I went to check it out. There was the first espada. I died killing it as it tried to kill me for killing off so many of its hollows. Last question. I’m not positive but I guess it is because I even exist is why they are after me” was her calm reply.
“Kiyomi” I said staring at her.
“If you want to trade me in for another soul reaper then do so. I will not be a burden just because people are after me for what happened when I was a human” she said so calm. So…I don’t even know how to put it. It was difficult to explain. The sand and the wind picked up making her close her eyes as she pulled her hood tighter over her head. Looking at the others and smiled moving closer to Kiyomi kissing her on the cheek.
“You’re not a burden. Don’t worry. We’re not going to trade you in. We all like you already. Plus you can cook unlike our asses. We usually starve but unlike these past three months we haven’t. We’ll keep you safe Kiyomi” I whispered in her ear already having my face slightly in her clock hood. Noticing how her face went pink as she smiled slightly. Standing up straight and started walking away really now embarrassed that I said that to her and the way the others were looking at me with their all-knowing smirks. Scratching the back of my head as we started to walk but I stood right in front of Kiyomi blocking as much sand from her as I could with how this sand storm is.
But soon we had to make camp seeing as the storm was getting much worse than it was before. Sitting in the tent with the others. Kiyomi was sitting on her sleeping bag with her eyes closed as she listened to us talk. She was really nice but she was shy when it came to talking really.
“Hey Kiyomi. What was it like in squad 11th for your fist day?” Ko asked smiling at her trying to get her in on the conversation.
“Oh. Well beat up some of the squad members for picking on a squad four member that’s like my little brother now. Yachiru the lieutenant calls me mother now. And I sent my captain through uh he ended up in squad two barracks so I send him flying through 9 squads…And that was pretty much it” she answered smiling at us. “Have you guys ever played shogi?” she suddenly asked pulling out a foldable board from her bag and game pieces.
“No” Ko said making everyone look at him as if he was stupid. Really who hasn’t played Shogi.
Sitting down in front of the bored and placed the pieces in the right places to play against her as she did as well. “I haven’t played in a while” I said and she smiled.
“The others can help you” she said. Raising an eye brow at this. “I don’t really care if it’s unfair to me but it makes it all that much more interesting” she said smiling happy. Soon the game started as the other did help me. Ko sat off to the side to watch. Watching as Kiyomi’s eyes scanned the board. It was kind of amazing watching her. The gears in her mind turning almost as if she was thinking of the perfect way to kill her enemy in the mist of a fight just like that match. Almost as if she was using this game as a fight. Soon finding myself in check mate even with the help of the men.
“W-What” the shouted in surprise as they observed the board. She could have put me into check mate with 6 different pieces and we didn’t even see that. No matter what I would have done she would have gotten me.
“You see a good way to learn how to do tactics and find ways of taking out your opponents are by playing Shoji. It is a game that you have to think a lot while you play or you will lose just like on a battle field you have to think ahead of your enemy” she said smiling at us. We all looked at her.
“Y-You’re really smart for being so young” Nori said staring at her as she smiled at us.
“I’m not smart I just understand the way that the world is. I always have. But what made me understand something fully was my death. I have a lot to learn yes and I’m not as smart as a lot of people I’m just good at fighting” She said smiling down at the board. “Dad always told me to think ahead of your opponent when they are trying to case you harm. If you think like a tactic then you will survive long and be less likely to get hurt in battle” she said. She had a serine look about her that made all the men in the tent look at her. “I was part of a fighting squad full of bloodthirsty meatheads that don’t think while they are in fights but when they come across an opponent that actually things they don’t like it because then the fight isn’t fun for them. But if you make it look like you are not thinking while fighting and just doing your own thing then they are happy” she said leaning back onto her hands. “Look at the future with happiness never look at the past with sadness” she added.
All the men in the tent couldn’t help but blush at her. She was so cute and she understood what can take people hundreds of years to understand from here and people from the human world may never understand. ‘Oh god. Two months and I already really like her’ I thought staring at her. Soon we all laid down to go to sleep as she laid down next to me away from Osumi seeing as he would always try and get into her sleeping bag during the night she ended up lying next to me seeing as I didn’t allow Osumi near her. All the men fell asleep as I reached over and grabbed some of her pink hair with purple and started twisting it between my fingers. It was so soft and the way it laid around her gave her a glowing effect. Kissing the hair and laid down myself going to sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment